Rooming House Proprietor's Guide to the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 - South Australia


If you are intending to operate a rooming house, you will need to comply with the Residential Tenancies Act 1995. This guide will help you understand your rights and obligations under the Act.

A rooming house is a residential premises in which rooms are available, on a commercial basis, for 3 or more people to live. The person letting out the rooms may also live in the property and can enter the common areas of the property without giving any notice.

Service type

Regulatory Obligation

An obligation defined in law. A business must comply with relevant services.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Occupational Licensing

Consumer and Business Services

Operating address: 91 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1719
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 13 18 82
Website: Consumer and Business Services (Opens in new window)