You will require this accreditation if you intend to provide services and / or advice as a bushfire hazard practitioner.
Bushfire hazard practitioners are accredited by the Agency to provide advice on matters relating to planning and building in bushfire prone areas. Accredited practitioners may provide the following advice and services:
- inspection of sites to determine the Bushfire Attack Level (BAL)
- determination of bushfire protection measures
- preparation of bushfire reports
- certification of Bushfire Hazard Management Plans (BHMP's), or an exemption to a Plan.
Bushfire Hazard Management Plans contain details about developments planned in bushfire prone areas and may contain information such as:
- where the planned development will be located
- construction design and building materials to be used
- ongoing maintenance that may be required to minimise bushfire hazards.
Applicants are initially provisionally accredited and must participate in a training and mentoring program, usually for one year until full accreditation can be obtained.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.