You will require this approval if you intend to:
- Erect or construct a headstone or monument,
- Plant, cut, pick, gather, take or injure a tree, flower, shrub or plant;
- Alter, remove or interfere with any grave or structure; or
- Hunt, catch or chase any bird or other animal or destroy or damage any bird's nest or bird's eggs.
This approval relates to but is not limited to:
- Temporary memorial: a wooden cross as a temporary memorial for a period not exceeding two years from the date of burial;
- Headstone: the maximum allowable dimensions in a limited monumental lawn cemetery are 1220mm wide, 760mm high and 150mm deep;
- Joint monuments: this is permissible for side by side graves, if it meets the height and depth dimensions of the single headstone;
- A tree, shrub or plant;
- A plaque or vase;
- A written inscription on a headstone or monument; or
- A fence around a grave, or land reserved for a private grave.
No plant, equipment, or surplus materials may be placed on any adjoining grave or ground without the authorisation of the Manager.