You will require this approval if you intend to solicit the public for donations for charitable purposes. This approval is not needed if you meet either of the following requirements:
- you are an organisation that is only incorporated in Tasmania
- you are a corporation whose principal office is in Tasmania.
Soliciting the public for donations includes the following activities:
- soliciting by telephone, email or door-to-door
- standing with a donations tin in a public place
- providing pins, badges, stickers or other goods in return for donations.
Soliciting for donations by telephone or at any residential property is only allowed between the hours of 9am and 8pm. In the case of door-to-door soliciting, you must stop at sunset, if this time is before 8pm.
Please note that:
- donations include the provision of money, goods or land to a charitable body or cause
- you must also seek permission from the Tasmanian Police if you intend to collect for donations on a public street or in a public place.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.