You will require an approval if you intend to undertake commercial filming or photography activities in a National Park. Activities requiring approval include (but are not limited to):
- Commercial filming (advertisements);
- Feature filming (cinema, video and TV);
- Documentaries and tourism promotions;
- Educational and government sponsored filming; and
- Stills photography for advertising purposes.
Television, print news and current affairs will not require a permit. However, television and newspaper media are encouraged to contact the Parks and Reserves Manager prior to filming as a courtesy and to determine any special requirements, relevant management issues, etc.
The following filming activities still require approval but the filming fee may be waived:
- Educational or Tourism Productions deemed to be beneficial;
- Federal or State Government Tourism Department sponsored filming; and
- News and Current Affairs.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.