You will require this licence if you intend to process fish for commercial purposes and do not possess an alternative licence that allows you to process the fish. Restrictions and prohibitions may apply to the processing of abalone, rock lobster, giant crab or scallops, and processing activities are restricted to the place described in the licence.
You are not required to hold this licence if you are processing fish in the following circumstances (another approval may apply):
- On any vessel used to take the fish by a person authorised to take the fish with that vessel;
- For sale by retail to the public or served as meals to the public;
- As the holder of a marine farming licence if the fish are produced by the holder under that licence;
- As the holder of a fishing licence if the fish are caught by the holder under that licence; or
- Under the supervision of the holder of a fish processing licence at the place at which the fish may be processed under the licence.
Some other exemptions may apply. Due to the restricted nature of this licence, please consult the Contact Officer for more information.