You will be required to comply with this code if you are involved in entering into contracts for services within the forestry industry. This code applies to the following forestry operations:
- Planting trees for commercial production
- Managing trees planted for commercial timber production (limited to various silviculture activities)
- Harvesting trees for timber production
- Transporting timber that has been harvested for commercial purposes
- Land clearing associated with a forestry operation
- Road construction and quarrying associated with a forestry operation.
This code is intended to ensure that contracts for services are fair and contain general provisions relating to definitions, the term and renewal of a forestry contract, the relationships between parties, and the obligations of all involved parties. The code also provides agreed processes for dispute and grievance resolution.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.