You will require this licence if you intend to undertake gas-fitting work. This includes the following to piping and storage systems:
- design and layout
- commissioning and decommissioning
- modification and alteration
- repair, service and maintenance
- replacement work.
This licence will allow you to supervise provisional licence holders, certify gas-fitting work, and work independently within the scope of the Act. A provisional licence will be granted if a practitioner intends to undertake more than one class of gas-fitting work for a period of not more than 12 months.
This licence has two classes - natural gas (NG) and liquid petroleum gas (LPG).
There are two endorsements you may apply for:
- gas installations / storage systems - boats and caravans compressed natural gas (CNG)
- gas installations / storage systems - boats and caravans (LPG).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.