All businesses must implement measures to achieve the minimum standards to manage the risk of COVID-19 spreading. To comply with the new minimum standards, you should complete a safety plan and / or checklist. The Safe Workplace Guidelines will help you complete your safety plan / checklist.
The Minimum Standards require all workplaces to:
- manage the risks of a person contracting or spreading COVID-19 in the workplace
- implement and maintain a cleaning schedule across the workplace
- have good hygiene procedures and practices (such as washing and / or sanitising of hands)
- ensure workers who have been instructed to quarantine or self-isolate don???t come to the workplace
- make sure physical distancing requirements are met by workers, contractors and others entering, leaving or moving around the workplace
- provide information, training and supervision on how the risks of COVID-19 are to be managed and ensure all processes and procedures are applied by the workers
- provide information and instruction to other people who attend the workplace about how they are to comply with your processes and procedures, and make sure they apply them
- regularly review all information, recommendations, directions and guidance materials relevant to the workplace to ensure the control measures implemented are appropriate
- ensure that entry into the workplace is managed and controlled in a reasonable manner if someone is suspected of showing symptoms of COVID-19, or of being exposed to COVID-19 within the preceding 14 days, or or being diagnosed with COVID-19
- keep any workplace records that would assist with notifying people who enter / leave the workplace of any potential exposure to COVID-19 for at least 21 days.