You will require this approval to be able to sublease land that you currently hold under a mining lease. A sublease will only be considered if the following conditions are met by the person intending to sublease the land:
- intends to mine
- intends to comply with the Act
- has an appropriate mining plan
- is likely to have sufficient financial and technical resources to carry out the mining plan
- has provided sufficient information relating to the likely impact on the environment
- has provided a security deposit.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.