You will need to comply with the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards if you intend to operate a private hospital or day-procedure centre.
The NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement about the standard of care consumers can expect from their health service organisations. The NSQHS Standards comprise:
- Clinical Governance Standard
- Partnering with Consumers Standard
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infection Standard
- Medication Safety Standard
- Comprehensive Care Standard
- Communicating for Safety Standard
- Blood Management Standard
- Recognising and Responding to Acute Deterioration Standard.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.