Before conducting any building, plumbing or demolition work, protection work must be undertaken. Protection work is work that serves the purpose of protecting:
- Adjoining premises;
- People at the premises of work as well as people at adjoining premises; and
- Members of the public.
Protection work includes but is not limited to:
- Overhead protection for adjoining property;
- Shoring up of adjoining properties; or
- Means of support for the adjoining properties.
Before performing protection work you must notify the following people:
- Adjoining owners;
- The relevant building surveyor; and
- The relevant permit authority.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.