Before conducting any building, plumbing or demolition work, protection work must be undertaken. Protection work is work that serves the purpose of protecting:
- adjoining premises
- people at the premises and at adjoining premises
- members of the public.
Protection work includes but is not limited to:
- overhead protection for adjoining property
- shoring up of adjoining properties
- means of support for the adjoining properties.
Before performing protection work you must notify the following people:
- adjoining owners
- relevant building surveyor
- relevant permit authority.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.