Permit to Conduct Activities in a Public Place - Tasmania


You will require this permit if you intend to conduct activities in a public place. Public places include reserves, parks, marine facilities, car parks or roads. Activities include but are not limited to:

  • Amusement or entertainment for financial reward;
  • Erecting cairns or memorials;
  • Re-fueling a vessel at a marine facility;
  • Assemblies, preaching or public speaking;
  • Balls, and dances;
  • Bands, concerts or other musical entertainment;
  • Beg, solicit, induce or collect gifts, whether of money or other item, for any purpose;
  • Climbing buildings, trees, shrubs or any other structures;
  • Deposit refuse, waste or noxious waste;
  • Driving, parking or leaving a vehicle, except on a constructed road set aside by Council;
  • Dismantling, painting, washing or repairing a vehicle unless it is necessary in order to enable the vehicle to be removed from the road;
  • Parking or leaving a vehicle for the purpose of offering the vehicle for sale;
  • Leaving or abandoning a watercraft;
  • Fairs and fetes;
  • Functions, parties or receptions;
  • Marking out a track or route;
  • Games, pastimes and public entertainment;
  • Landing or launching an aircraft in a recreation reserve;
  • Consume, possess, sell or supply liquor;
  • Dropping any article or thing from an aircraft onto a recreation reserve;
  • Raffles or prize contests;
  • Ride or lead a horse;
  • Activities with animals;
  • Using skates, bicycles, skateboards or similar;
  • Collect wood or timber;
  • Distribute advertising or promotional activities;
  • Mark, write or deface Council property; or
  • Organised sporting activities, contests, competition, practice or training.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

An application for this permit must be accompanied by:

  • A statement specifying the type of activity proposed;
  • A statement detailing the required period of the permit;
  • A scaled drawing showing location and extent of the activity;
  • Any other information the General Manager may reasonably require; and
  • Payment of any applicable fee.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Application for a Permit to Conduct Activities in a Reserve or Public Place - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1993 TAS

Local law(s) name

Reserves Parks and Gardens By-Law 1 2012

Administering agency

Kentish Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquires Officer

Kentish Council

Operating address: 69 High Street
Sheffield, Tasmania 7306
Mailing address: PO BOX 63
Sheffield, Tasmania 7306
Phone: 03 6491 0200
Fax: 03 6491 1659
Website: Kentish Council (Opens in new window)