You will require this permit if intend to perform any of the following:
- feed, or allow another person, to feed swill to a pig
- allow a pig to have access to swill
- supply swill for the above purposes.
The Chief Veterinary Officer may determine the type of swill and the type of pig allowed access to swill.
Swill means any material of placental mammal origin. However, this does not include:
- flesh, bones, blood or offal of mammals slaughtered at an accredited premise
- milk and the by-products of milk processing
- material containing flesh, bones, blood or offal of mammal carcasses that is treated by an approved process
- the carcass of a mammal slaughtered at premises for the purpose of feeding it to pigs at that same premises
- exempted material (meal and tallow).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.