You will require this registration if you intend to create, amend, consolidate or cancel a community development scheme. This is part of a two-step approval process for community development schemes, specifically:
- First you must obtain a certificate of approval from the relevant Council; and
- Then you must lodge your community development scheme with the relevant State Government Agency.
The registration of a community development scheme creates a community development scheme for the specified property. A community development scheme is a development involving two or more of the following:
- A strata scheme;
- A sealed plan (e.g. subdivisions);
- Some other form of land division;
- The establishment of a retirement village; or
- A marina or water-based development.
Any common property created as part of this scheme is managed by a Body Corporate.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.