You will be required to comply with this code if you are involved in the generation, transmission, distribution and / or retail of electricity in Tasmania.
This code provides details for the regulation of the Tasmanian electricity supply industry. The code offers information on the following matters:
- The regulation of electricity markets;
- Dispute resolution;
- Electricity system operation and electricity system security;
- Connection to the distribution and transmission systems;
- Supply of electricity to customers;
- Sale of electricity to customers on the Bass Strait Islands;
- Safety and environmental codes of practice;
- Generation, transmission, distribution and retail pricing principles;
- Access to electricity infrastructure;
- Principles on which the Regulator is to base any direction, decision or determination;
- Principles for the separation of accounts and functions within electricity entities;
- The enforcement of the regulation of pricing;
- Amendment, revocation and substitution of the code;
- Administration of the code;
- Enforcement of the code; and
- Any other prescribed matter.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.