Gaining this certificate displays that your building's current construction and maintenance standards are consistent with the relevant legislative requirements. Your council will provide you with this certificate if satisfied that it does not need to issue any of the following types of orders in relation to your building:
- Issue an emergency order;
- Issue a building notice;
- Serve a building order;
- Issue a plumbing notice;
- Serve a plumbing order;
- Issue a fire upgrade notice; or
- Serve a building order relating to a fire hazard.
Gaining this certificate means that your council may not take the above types of action in relation to your building regarding:
- Matters which existed or occurred before the date on which the certificate was granted; or
- Within seven years after that date in relation to the deterioration of the building caused by reasonable wear and tear.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.