You will require this permit if you intend to occupy:
- A new building;
- A building in which building work is being, or has been, carried out;
- A building where the new use of the building would need to satisfy
different requirements than the previous use under the National Construction Code;
- A building where the classification of the building has changed under the National Construction Code; or
- A building that is a special-use building, where the special use has changed in a material way.
The building surveyor may take into account the following information when issuing a permit:
- Any reports which has been provided in respect to the application, if required by regulation, from a reporting authority;
- Documentation provided with the application;
- The building's suitability for occupation for its intended use;
- Provisions made for smoke alarms, sanitation and water supply within the building; and
- Any prescribed documents or matters.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.