Permit to Undertake Activities in National Parks, Reserves and Other Crown Land - Tasmania


You will require a permit to undertake certain activities in National Parks or Reserves. Activities most commonly requiring a permit are group activities (such as weddings, sports events, or charity events). Other activities that may require a permit include the following (this list is not exhaustive):

  • Interfere with any materials, formations or buildings;
  • Interfere with fauna;
  • Interfere with or remove items;
  • Light a fire;
  • Take an animal into a national park or reserve;
  • Use a metal detector or chainsaw; or
  • Use a vehicle or an aircraft.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Fees will vary depending on individual circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.


Operating address: 134 Macquarie Street
Tasmania 7000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1751
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Phone: 1300 135 513