Flying Drones Commercially in National Parks - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to use a drone to film for commercial purposes on Parks Victoria managed land. Commercial purposes include film and / or photography for any part of your trade or business, or a Wedding or Portrait photographer.

This permit applies to all drones above and below 2kg.

Local Councils may impose restriction on drone use.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to apply, you must:

  • hold a Unmanned Aviation Vehicle (UAV) / Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Controllers Licence
  • hold a UAV / RPA Operator's Certificate issued by CASA
  • have a Certificate of Currency of UAV / RPA Liability Insurance.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $11.30

Administration fee. Fees for 2019-20.

Apply Application All $163.40

Late Processing Fee. Applied to applications received with less than 7 day's notice.Fees for 2019-20.


Act(s) name

National Parks Act 1975 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

National Parks Regulations 2013 Victoria

Application process


In addition to your application, you must provide:

  • UAV/RPA Controller Licences for all proposed operators
  • UAV/RPA Operator???s Certificate issued by CASA
  • Certificate of Currency of UAV/RPA Liability Insurance
  • Job Safety Analysis relevant to the proposed production and location
  • List of types/models of proposed aircraft and serial numbers
  • Detailed aircraft operations plan outlining: Take-off and landing zones, Proposed flight path, Proposed exclusion zones and Location of spotters and demarcation signs.
  • CASA area approval (if required)

Approval time

Applications must be lodged at least two weeks prior to intended filming date.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Parks Victoria