You will require this licence if you intend to drive a vehicle transporting dangerous goods. This applies to transporting:
- dangerous goods in a receptacle (container) with a capacity of up to 500 litres
- up to 500 kilograms of dangerous goods in a receptacle.
Dangerous goods include materials such as:
- flammable liquids (eg. petrol, kerosene, turpentine, flammable paints)
- corrosives (eg. hydrochloric acid)
- flammable gases (eg. LP Gas)
- non-flammable non-toxic gases (eg. carbon dioxide).
You may not require a licence if you hold an equivalent licence in another State or Territory. Please note that the vehicle used to transport the dangerous goods in bulk must be licensed.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.