Permit to Erect a Hoarding, Gantry or Scaffolding on Council Land - Victoria


You will need this permit if you wish to put up a hoarding, scaffolding or gantry on public or council owned land.

Hoardings are screens that enclose a work site. They are intended to ensure public safety, the safety of the surrounding areas, and to secure the site when it's unattended.

While hoardings on public land are most commonly erected around a construction site, they can also be erected for other purposes such as painting or putting up a sign.

This permit also covers all types of scaffolding used on any building site.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified by permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $77.25

Public space occupation (Reg 604 issued). Fees for 2018-19.

Apply Application All $278.70

Public space occupation (Reg 604 not issued). Fees for 2018-19.

Apply Application All $4.50

Public space street occupation rental for hoarding, per square metre. Fees for 2018-19.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1989 VIC

Local law(s) name

General Local Law 2018

Administering agency

Moreland City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Building Services

Moreland City Council

Operating address: 90 Bell Street
Coburg, Victoria 3058
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 10
Moreland, Victoria 3058
Phone: 03 9240 1111
Fax: 03 9240 1212
Website: Moreland City Council (Opens in new window)