Permit to Burn Offensive Materials - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to burn any offensive materials in any part of your municipal area.

Offensive materials include (but are not limited to):

  • Manufactured chemicals;
  • Rubber or plastic products;
  • Furnishing or carpet;
  • Petroleum or oil products;
  • Non timber based building materials;
  • Paints, resins, glues and their containers;
  • Aerosol or pressurised cans;
  • Dead fish, animals or birds (unless prescribed by the Department of Environment and Primary Industries);
  • Electronic equipment and recyclable materials (excluding timber);
  • Garden refuse, manure or straw;
  • Batteries; and / or
  • Food waste or other offensive or noxious matter.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $150.00

Burning off. Fees for 2017-18.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Permit to Burn Offensive Materials - Please contact the responsible council for application forms and registration details.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1989 VIC

Local law(s) name

General Local Law 1 2015

Administering agency

Banyule City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Municipal Laws Officer

Banyule City Council

Operating address: Level 3
1 Flintoff Street
Greensborough, Victoria 3088
Mailing address: PO BOX 94
Greensborough, Victoria 3088
Phone: 03 9490 4222
Fax: 03 9499 9475
Website: Banyule City Council (Opens in new window)