Permit to Conduct Developments Requiring Water Services - Western Water - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to conduct developments where water, sewerage and recycled water services are required. There are two types of developments works:

  • Private Works which are the construction of private assets and sewer connection points
  • Developer Works which are the construction of reticulated or shared assets.

Once you have submitted this application, the Agency will provide you with a deed that includes the costs and conditions specific to your development.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed in the attached document.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Land Development Forms (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Water Act 1989 Victoria

Additional information

Development projects must be designed by accredited consultants and built by accredited contractors.

Administering agency

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Regional (Urban) Water Corporations

Western Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Western Water

Regional (Urban) Water Corporations

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Mailing address: PO BOX 2371
Sunbury, Victoria 3429
Mailing address: 36 Macedon Street
Sunbury, Victoria 3429
Phone: 1300 650 422
Phone: 03 9218 5400
Website: Western Water (Opens in new window)