Permit to Conduct Plumbing, Water Connections and Land Development - Victoria


You will need to apply for this permit if you intend to conduct development in the area managed by Melbourne Water. This permit is required for plumbing, connections and land development, including:

  • building over an easement
  • building a jetty
  • inline booster pump
  • individual and multiple unit development
  • new sewer branches and repair
  • minor works
  • stormwater connection
  • preliminary servicing advice
  • replacement of water meters
  • single lot connections (construction / demolition / alteration / renovation).

A development application can be used for residential, commercial and industrial works or a combination of all three.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees may vary. Please see the attached document for more information.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Permit to Conduct Plumbing, Water Connections and Land Development - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.

Act(s) name

Water Act 1989 Victoria

Administering agency

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

General Enquiries

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Phone: 03 9639 8868
Website: (Opens in new window)