Permit to Transport Prescribed Waste - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to transport prescribed waste. Prescribed wastes include potentially hazardous wastes, but also wastes that may affect amenity (such as the impact of odour).

You must hold a permit for each vehicle you intend to carry prescribed waste, and will need to complete one application form per vehicle. The Agency may inspect your vehicle's suitability for transporting prescribed waste after your application has been assessed.

Each industrial waste producer must give the holder of this permit a complete transport certificate with each load of industrial waste that leaves the premises. The permit holder must also complete a transport certificate and then provide all information to the receiver of the industrial waste.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • complete a certificate in the handling and transporting of prescribed waste and dangerous goods
  • pay the required fees.


12 months


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary according to the style of vehicle and type of industrial waste. Please consult the responsible agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Environment Protection Act 1970 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Environment Protection (Industrial Waste Resource) Regulations 2009 Victoria

Application process


Please lodge your application and required documentation directly with the Agency. Along with your application form, you will also need to lodge:

  • the prescribed fee
  • business name certificate (if you will operate under a business name)
  • certificate of Incorporation (if the applicant is a company)
  • where the vehicle is registered under a business name, you will also need to attach a section 23 business certificate
  • certificate of vehicle registration
  • proof of insurance (details are available on the information sheet)
  • current roadworthy certificate (unless the vehicle is new)
  • vehicle checklist (available directly from the Agency)
  • copy of the Certificate of Training in the Handling and Transporting of Prescribed Waste and Dangerous Goods.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Environment Protection Authority Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.