You will require this permit if you intend to perform works on or near one of the Agency's water assets or easements. This permit is required for works within, over or within one metre of a water asset or easement.
An easement is a section of land registered on your property which contains a water main or sewerage pipe running through it that may be used by the Agency. Easements need to remain free from obstruction, to allow access for infrastructure service providers.
Works on areas with live infrastructure assets that may require approval include:
- lifting or entering manhole covers
- sewer repair
- connecting to an existing water main
- asbestos removal
- undertaking work on live assets
- working in close proximity to major infrastructure.
Works on areas covered by easements that may require approval include activities such as:
- building or demolition
- drainage, pipeline and ancillary works
- excavation or removal of any matter from or deposit any matter on the land
- construction or maintenance or removal of roads, tracks or fences on the land.
Please note that only accredited contractor or consultants may perform works. You must receive this approval prior to building over the easement.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.