You can only commence operating once you have registered with the Agency and you have been issued with an exemption registration number.
To apply for this registration you must:
- be at least eighteen years of age
- be the only sex worker (or one of two) in the business
- have a local government planning permit if you intend to operate a brothel
- be of good repute with regard to character, honesty and integrity
- not have been found guilty or convicted of an indictable offence in the preceding five years (or have an individual associate or body corporate, or a director or secretary which have been convicted)
- not have had a sex work service provider's licence cancelled within the preceding five years
- not be insolvent under administration
- not be a represented person within the meaning of the Guardianship and Administration Act 1986.
You will not be considered exempt if:
- you have an arrangement with another person who refers clients to your business
- you refer clients to other sex work not working in your business
- your brothel / escort agency is associated with another brothel / escort agency.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.