Trade Waste Agreement - Victoria


You will require this agreement if you operate a business that discharges waste water into a sewage system. This includes:

  • grease
  • food scraps
  • oil
  • silt
  • waste water from commercial or industrial processes
  • contaminated rainwater.

You may also be required to install infrastructure required to adequately manage your waste (such as an industrial grease trap or silt pit). Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this agreement, you must:

  • have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
  • have installed the treatment required to manage your wastewater
  • submit the required forms
  • pay any prescribed fees.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Administering agency

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

General Enquiries

Victorian Water Industry Association (VicWater)

Phone: 03 9639 8868
Website: (Opens in new window)