You will require this permit if you intend to undertake certain activities in local government reserves, parks, beaches, foreshores or other public land use areas. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Controlling a powered model aircraft or toy;
- Riding or driving a vehicle or horse;
- Fishing and swimming;
- Planting or interfering with trees, shrubs or other plants;
- Playing any competitive sport or organised group training;
- Training animals;
- Using a toy vehicle;
- Using a recreational vehicle, such as a mini-bike, motor bike, trail bike, motor scooter, go-cart or other vehicle propelled by a motor which is ordinarily used for recreational purposes;
- Selling livestock on council land;
- Placing posters or drawing graffiti on public areas;
- Offering recreational services for sale or hire;
- Playing or practising any game, activity or sport that might interfere with the enjoyment or safety of others; or
- Any commercial activity not covered by another permit.
Reserves are defined as any land that is owned, occupied or controlled by your local council and is dedicated or used for cultural, recreational or entertainment purposes.
Structures, fixtures, fittings and any gardens on the reserve are also included under this permit.