You may require this permit if you intend to undertake works near or that interfere with specific trees or vegetation. Interfere includes:
- Prune, cut or trim;
- Remove, damage, kill or otherwise destroy; or
- Direct or authorise someone else to do these acts.
Trees or vegetation covered by this permit include:
- Significant trees that are considered to have environmental, historic, horticultural, bio-diversity or other value. These trees generally have a substantial trunk diameter and can include multi-stemmed trees;
- Any other tree or vegetation with a significant trunk circumference; and
- Trees covered by Tree History Declarations or other registers.
Please contact the council if you intend to trim, prune or remove any tree to ascertain whether a permit is required.