You will require this approval if you intend to undertake any type of commercial activity or event in Kings Park, Bold Park or the Botanic Gardens.
Activities you are required to seek approval for include
- organised activities such as concerts, picnics, marriage ceremonies or sporting events
- taking photographs for the purpose of public display, broadcast or transmission, or for use in the promotion or sale of goods or services (commercial photography)
- selling, offering for sale or hiring any goods or services
- distributing advertising material
- erecting or placing a structure on the land
- affixing advertisements or documents or writing on any rock, tree, fence, gate, road, post, natural surface, building or any other structure
- carrying or discharging a weapon
- taking, damaging or destroying flora, fungi or fauna
- lighting a fire other than in fireplaces at the Parks or a portable gas barbecue or other portable cooker
- igniting fireworks, sparklers or other explosive devices
A structure means a building, tent, shelter, fence or other thing that is fixed to land or to anything that is fixed to land.
Approval may be required for other activities not listed here.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.