Approval for Storage of Food at a Lodging House - Western Australia


You will require this approval if you are a lodging house keeper and intend to store or prepare food in a lodging house kitchen where meals are prepared by or for lodgers. A lodging house keeper is a person appointed to oversee the maintenance of a lodging house.

Storage of food includes storing food in a refrigerator or a sealed container within a sleeping area.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.

Act(s) name

Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911 Western Australia

Additional information

If you intend to store and prepare food in a lodging house kitchen where meals will be prepared for lodgers and / or the public, you will need to be registered as a Food Business.

Administering agency

Contact your Local Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Contact your Local Council

Website: MyCouncil (Opens in new window)