Approval to Act as a Conciliator - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to act as a conciliator for the Building Commission.

A conciliator can be either:

  • a public service officer whose duties consist of the conciliation of complaints
  • a person approved by the Building Commissioner to act as a conciliator.

The role of a conciliator is to encourage the settlement of complaints made to the Building Commissioner with regard to building services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Building Services (Complaint Resolution and Administration) Act 2011 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Building and Energy

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Building and Energy General Queries

Building and Energy

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Western Australia
Operating address: Mason Bird Building
Level 1
303 Sevenoaks Street
Cannington, Western Australia 6107
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 100
East Perth, Western Australia 6892
Phone: 1300 489 099
Website: Building and Energy (Opens in new window)