You must comply with this code if you are involved in the transport of dangerous goods. You may be involved in the transport of dangerous goods if you are the driver, loader, owner or manufacturer of a vehicle used to transport goods, a rail operator transporting dangerous goods, or the consignor of a load that includes dangerous goods. An extensive list of what products constitute dangerous goods can be obtained from the Agency, but broadly include gases, liquids and other substances that are flammable, explosive, toxic or radioactive.
If you are involved in the transport of dangerous goods you must ensure that:
- the dangerous goods have been classified in accordance with this code
- reports of tests of vehicles or containers for the transportation of dangerous goods comply with this code
- dangerous goods packaging you sell complies with this code
- you pack and restrain dangerous goods in a way that complies with this code
- you segregate dangerous goods from incompatible goods in accordance with this code
- any vehicles and their equipment (including emergency information holders and safety equipment) used to transfer dangerous goods comply with this code
- any vehicle is driven and operated in accordance with this code
- any hose assembly or tank used for bulk transit complies with this code
- any dangerous goods being transported have documentation that complies with this code.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.