You will need to comply with this standard if you are a responsible person at a mine and intend to:
- erect a winding system for the transportation of persons, materials or rock
- design, construct, test and inspect a shaft conveyance (AS / NZS 3785.4 only).
There are four parts of this standard you will need to comply with, comprising:
- AS / NZS 3785.4:2002 Underground mining - Shaft equipment - Conveyances for vertical shafts
- AS 3785.5-1998 Underground Mining - Shaft equipment - Headframes
- AS / NZS 3785.6:2015 Underground Mining - Shaft equipment - Fixed guides, rope guides and rubbing ropes for conveyances
- AS 3785.7-2006 Underground Mining - Shaft equipment - Headframes - Sheaves.