You will require this registration if you intend to be employed as a building surveyor in private practice in Western Australia. Services that building surveyors offer include:
- construction design and building works
- project management and monitoring
- property legislation advice
- insurance assessment and claims assistance
- defect investigation and maintenance advice
- building surveys and measured surveys
- handling planning applications
- building inspection to ensure compliance with building regulations
- pre-acquisition surveys
- negotiating claims.
You may also require this registration if you intend to register your company or partnership as a building surveyor contractor, for which you must have at least one nominated supervisor who is a registered building surveying practitioner.
There are three levels of registration you may apply for:
- Level 1
- Level 2
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.