You will require this Certificate if you intend to operate a commercial vessel in Western Australia.
The Certificate of Survey is issued when the vessel satisfactorily complies with specified requirements relating to its hull, machinery and equipment and crew.
Once you have been issued this certificate, you must usually display a copy on the vessel.
A certificate of survey may be issued to:
- Vessels being built in Western Australia, for commercial use in Western Australia;
- Vessels being built in another state, territory or country for commercial use in Western Australia;
- Vessels certificated with another State or Territory;
- Vessels which have been previously surveyed by an approved classification society; and
- Vessels which have never been certificated or surveyed at all.
Some exemptions may apply.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.