You will require this consent and registration if you intend to conduct an offensive trade. The following activities are considered offensive trades:
- waste processing operations
- abattoirs and slaughterhouses
- bone mills and bone manure depots
- fat rendering establishments
- fellmongeries and tanneries
- fish curing and canning establishments
- flock factories
- manure works
- storing, drying, or preserving bones, hides, hoofs or skins
- tripe-boiling establishments
- boiling down meat, bones, blood, or offal.
You will also require this consent and registration if you intend to operate a receiving depot for laundry, dry cleaning or dye works.
A laundry means any place where articles are laundered by commercial grade machinery. A dry-cleaning establishment is a place where clothes or other articles are cleaned by use of solvents without using water, but does not include premises in which perchlorethylene or arklone is used as dry-cleaning fluid in a machine operating on a full cycle and fully enclosed basis. A dye-works means a place where articles are commercially dyed.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.