You may require this licence if you intend to operate a prescribed premises or site where you undertake activities that directly or indirectly cause or increase emissions. An emission refers to the:
- discharge of waste
- emission of noise, odour or electromagnetic radiation
- transmission of electromagnetic radiation.
Prescribed premises are industrial premises with significant potential to cause pollution of air, land or water. Examples of prescribed premises include but are not limited to premises used for:
- intensive livestock housing
- mineral and resource extraction
- processing of food, animal and plant matter or products
- waste management, collection or disposal
- storage or warehousing of large quantities of chemicals
- energy generation.
For a full list of prescribed premises please refer to Schedule 1 of the regulations. Please note that this licence may not be necessary for Prescribed Premises that appear under Part 2 of Schedule 1 as those premises may be either licensed or registered (see Registration of a Prescribed Premises).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.