You will require this licence if you intend to operate as an employment agent. You are considered an employment agent if you:
- receive payment for helping people find employment
- receive payment for helping businesses or other people find new employees
- place people in jobs and receive from the employer an 'entrance fee', periodical contribution or any other charge for your services.
This can include traditional employment agencies and employment brokers, as well as booking agencies, babysitting agencies, house sitting agencies, and cleaning agencies.
The following are exempted from the need for this licence:
- newspaper publications
- labour hire companies
- people already licensed to handle the employment of seafarers
- State or Federal Government departments or agencies.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.