You will require this licence if you intend to hawk any goods, wares or merchandise. A hawker is a peddler or a person who travels and trades, moving from town to town or to residences soliciting orders for, carrying to sell, or exposing for sale any goods, wares or merchandise. A hawker does not include the following:
- Commercial travellers or other persons selling or seeking orders for goods, wares, or merchandise to or from persons who are dealers therein, or selling or seeking orders for books or newspapers;
- Sellers of any food, newspapers, brooms, or matches;
- Persons selling or exposing for sale goods, wares or merchandise in any public market or fair lawfully established, or upon any racecourse, agricultural showground, or public recreation ground;
- Sellers of goods of their own manufacture; or
- Persons representing a manufacturer whose goods are sold direct to consumers only and not through a shop.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.