You will need to comply with this code if you intend to operate a retirement village. Retirement villages provide accommodation, amenities and other services to people older than 55 years.
The aims of the code include:
- promoting fair trading practices by setting out the rights and obligations of the retirement village and its residents
- encouraging fairness in the operation of retirement villages
- requiring the disclosure of all relevant information to people intending to become a resident
- requiring the provision of contracts detailing the obligations and entitlements of residents and the retirement village
- facilitating effective consultation between the retirement village and its residents
- establishing appropriate mechanisms for resolving disputes.