Permits to Take, Keep or Otherwise Deal with Reptiles and Amphibians - Western Australia


You will require one or more of these permits if you intend to take, keep or otherwise deal with reptiles and / or amphibians (herpetofauna). Individual permits are required if you intend to undertake the following activities:

  • capture and remove herpetofauna from or near residential premises or other premises
  • keep herpetofauna as pets
  • take, deal and keep herpetofauna for sale and commercial purposes
  • farm herpetofauna
  • breed herpetofauna
  • import or export herpetofauna.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary according to the category of your licence. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Approved Reptile Keeping List - PDF (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Wildlife Conservation Act 1950 WA

Regulation(s) name

Wildlife Conservation (Reptiles and Amphibians) Regulations 2002 WA

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Wildlife Licensing Section

Parks and Wildlife Service

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Operating address: Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 30
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Phone: 08 9219 9831
Website: Parks and Wildlife Service (Opens in new window)