You will require this licence if you intend to sell liquor that you or your company has produced. Production of alcohol includes the processes of growing, fermenting, distilling, brewing and packaging beer, wine or spirits. The types of liquor that can be supplied under a producer's licence are:
- wine or spirits made from grapes for consumption on the premises, and / or in sealed containers for consumption off the premises
- spirits not made from grapes, in sealed containers for consumption off the premises
- beer in sealed containers for consumption off premises.
This licence also allows you to sell liquor other than that you have produced if served ancillary to a meal or for tasting purposes.
Applications for this licence may be made as:
- an individual person
- a director representing a company
- two or more individual persons or companies jointly
- an association.
Please note that this licence only authorises you to sell and supply liquor on and from your licensed premises and not otherwise. If you intend to sell at another venue (such as at a show, festival, conference, function, wine tasting), then you must lodge an additional application with the licensing authority for a different licence to cover that activity. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.