You will be required to register with or notify the Agency if you intend to use premises to operate a food business in Kings Park or on Rottnest Island. A food business includes any business, enterprise, or activity that involves:
- the handling of food intended for sale
- the sale of food.
You must register your food business unless it is exempt from registration, in which case you will need to notify the Agency of your premises. Exempt businesses include those that:
- are conducted solely for charitable or community purposes and prepare non-potentially hazardous foods or foods that, after being appropriately cooked, are served for immediate consumption
- sell certain packaged food
- provide complimentary drinks in conjunction with another kind of business
- form part of premises registered under the Commonwealth export control legislation.
- land (whether or not vacant)
- the whole or any part of a building, tent, stall or other structure (whether of a permanent or temporary nature)
- a pontoon
- a vehicle (other than a food transport vehicle while it is engaged in only the transport of food).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.