You will require this licence or permit if you intend to perform certain categories of electrical work in the workplace and you do not hold an electrician's licence. These include:
- domestic appliance work (includes stoves)
- disconnect and reconnect work
- disconnect and reconnect plus appliance work
- plumbing work
- plumbing and gas fitting work
- refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic work
- instrument process control technician work.
A Restricted Electrical Licence (REL) authorises you to carry out restricted electrical work on equipment operating at voltages up to 1000V AC (alternating current). It does not authorise you to carry out the installation or alteration of fixed wiring.
Depending on your qualifications and the type of work you intend to do you may be issues a licence or a permit. A permit is identical to a licence, except that conditions as to supervision are more stringent.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.