Trading in Public Places Permit - City of Busselton - Western Australia


You will need a permit if you intend to trade goods or services in public places. Public places include any properties owned by the Council, as well as any place that the public have a right of access, such as streets, thoroughfares and parks.

There are two types of public trading activities:

  • Street trader - offering goods (for sale or hire) or services in a public place.
  • Stallholder - displaying goods (for sale or hire) or offering services from a movable or temporary structure, stand or table.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to as a street trader or a stallholder, you must specify the:

  • location from which you want to trade
  • number of assistants
  • time period during which trading will occur
  • type of goods for sale
  • name and address of permit holder and all assistants.


One year unless otherwise stated.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All -

Stallholder's permit / renewal:

  • per occasion - $41
  • up to three months - $61
  • six months - $91
  • 12 months - $153

Fees for 2021-22.

Apply Application All $157.00 Trader's permit / transfer of permit. Fees for 2021-22.
Apply Application All $1570.00

Itinerant trader permit. Fees for 2021-22.

Apply Licence All $1178.00

Trader's permit - bond fees. Fees for 2021-22.

Transfer Transfer All $36.00

Transfer of stallholder's permit. Fees for 2021-22.

Other resources

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Local law(s) name

Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading Local Law 2015

Administering agency

City of Busselton

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.