You may be required to comply with this Code if you are a building contractor and you are undertaking State building work. You must ensure that all subcontractors and building industry participants also follow this Code.
This Code ensures that:
- the State of Western Australia employs building contractors who conduct themselves in a reputable, fair, safe and responsible manner
- improves workplace relations
- promotes safe practices
- promotes fair subcontracting practices
- establish a compliance framework
- promotes a fair and efficient workplace
- outlines the State's expectations of building contractors.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.